Trieste Conquers New York!

on Sunday, February 2, 2014
Far be it from me to gloat, but...

Twenty months after I first raved about Dasa Drndic's modern (yet timeless) classic Trieste, thirteen months after I named it my 2012 Book of the Year and six months after it was nominated for the 2013 Independent Foreign Fiction Award, the book has finally been published in America and received a full page, glowing review in today's New York Times. Craig Seligman hails it as "a work of European high culture" with "coldly dignified" writing. Basically, he says everything I've been trying to say albeit in a much more eloquent fashion. Check out the entire review here. And if you haven't read the book yet - if my raves, the raves from Kirkus, the raves from The Independent and, now, the rave from The New York Times hasn't convinced you to read it - I despair for your reading soul.

Ok, fine... So I'm gloating.

0 comments:

Post a Comment